Safety when operating machinery
Goal - short description
Security elements are gradually moving more and more to the digital level with maximum use of AI and video surveillance, making them more efficient and cheaper, because there is no need to invest in mechanical elements of protection. In addition, analytics are connected in interoperable scenarios at the shopfloor level with other systems and directly embedeed functionality ensuring early warning systems (Early Warning Scenario) with support for reactive scenarios up to the EDGE shopfloor level.
The ability to define the necessary sections/areas and recognize the exact presence of people or parts of the human body allows us to control robots based on these situations. For example, we can slow down the operating speed when the orange line is violated and immediately stop the robot when someone approaches the red line.
Emergency stop of machinery
The ability to recognize people or part of the human body in the stream from the camera. The system monitors the defined danger zone and continuously checks the proximity of living objects.
In case of danger, the system can automatically initiate the following actions:
- Immediately stops the machine (crushers, presses, …)
- Slows down the operating speed (robotic arm)
- Starts an alarm
- It projects an optical warning (laser inscription on the ground, etc.)
Facial recognition for operator authorization
The ability to recognize the faces of employees in a factory. Based on the recognized face, the system can trigger the following actions:
- Will leave dangerous machinery inactive for unauthorized personnel
- Unlocks the reserved mode for authorized persons
- Restricts access to the danger zone (gateway)
By applying such an effective system with the support of artificial intelligence and video analytics in real time and their immediate connection to the built-in early warning tool, we can alert you to the impending risk of security problems and increase comprehensive security supervision on the shopfloor.
What makes the solution unique
Analysts are connected in interoperable scenarios at the shopfloor level with other systems and directly embedeed functionality ensuring early warning systems (Early Warning Scenario) with support for reactive scenarios up to the EDGE shopfloor level.
- Real-time security
- Early warning systems
- You do not need to install expensive mechanical barriers
- Flexibility in case of frequent changes on the shopfloor OEE with additional process solutions and technologies and interconnection to create new value
Leave a Comment